Judy Perl Worldwide Travel
Assistant Group Coordinator Description
For each group travel departure, an Assistant Group Coordinator serves as an integral part of the department to ensure all travelers unique itinerary details are accurately reflected for a flawless personal and overall experience.
The ideal candidate will be available 3 days per week (20-24 hours/week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills [both with clients and colleagues];
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word Skills;
- Attention to detail and formatting;
- Must exercise effective time management and ability to prioritize based on deadlines;
- General knowledge of destinations and geography;
- Be self-motivated.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff, take detailed messages;
- Answer emails in a timely and professional manner;
- Learn our products thoroughly in order to answer these queries.
- Database management:
- Maintain our customer/prospect database. This includes correctly entering names, addresses, and other marketing information. Keep track of client dates of birth, passport numbers, credit card numbers and other personal information;
- Invoicing through proprietary database and accounting system (ClientBase).
- Group and Charter Data Management:
- Maintain manifests for each group departure by keeping them up to date;
- Manifests include, but are not limited to: Air [arrival and departure information], Guest Information, Pre and Post-Cruise Hotels;
- Monitor validity of passport expiration;
- Client invoice updating - adjusting this invoice unique to the guest booking, to accurately reflect itineraries and schedules (addition of hotels, flights, transfers, tours).
- Other duties:
- Assist with preparation of final documents;
- Create travel bookings: make simple bookings at hotels for accommodation and transfers, as directed by senior staff using existing templates.