Janitorial & Public Area Supervisor - Year Round - Northstar Lodging
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar, California is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more! A winter sport enthusiast's paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, and fly-fishing!
Our Janitorial & Public Area Supervisor is responsible for cleaning Northstar public areas and rental units as assigned. As well as assisting customers and staff members when necessary in a timely and enthusiastic manner.
We currently have one night Team Lead Public Area Supervisor opening. The night shift is 4:00pm - 12:30am.
Janitorial responsibilities include:
- Maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet, cleans mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest restrooms.
- Washes all hard floor areas by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 35lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Previous housekeeping experience in hotels or condos - Preferred
- Valid US driver license - Required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. - Required
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 2 hours without sitting
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 135154