Server - 9280' Taphouse - Summer Festival Help
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position is a part time position mainly to assist during the following dates and events:
- June 24-25 Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival
- July 4th Bike Parade
- July 14-16 Keystone Wine and Jazz Festival
- July 29-30 River Run Art Festival
- August 4-6 Keystone Bluegrass and Beer Festival
- August 19 Mountain Music Festival
- September 2 Keystone Oktoberfest
After a long day on the mountain, our guests can find plenty of Keystone restaurants to satisfy their cravings. From fine dining to burgers, pizza to international cuisine, our restaurants are on mountain or just a short walk from the slopes, delicious dining awaits. Servers are primarily responsible for soliciting food and beverage orders from customers, serve meal in a friendly and timely manner.
Other job duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. Must possess excellent communication skills, be able to function effectively as part of a team, and take direction from supervisors and co-workers.
- Provide highest levels of service in accordance with Keystone Mountain Dining (KMD) standards.
- Some outdoor work may be required - snow shoveling and snowblower operation
- Full knowledge of the menu and all beverage offerings within 14 days of hire.
- Minimum one season of experience working with Keystone Resort food and beverage - STRONGLY preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent - Required
- English - proficient in written and spoken - Required
- Prior POS experience - Preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, bending, reaching, walking, etc.
- Wine knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
- TIPS certification will be required within 30 days of hire, classes are provided.
- High volume fine/casual dining experience - knowledge of wines, cognacs, liquors, etc. strongly preferred.
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 134501