Hotel General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites
Req ID: 71701
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Hotel General Manager is to oversee the management of the entire hotel staff in order to meet financial goals and uphold customer satisfaction. The Hotel General Manager ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in order to uphold company standards.
- Responsible for overseeing the retention and acquisition of accounts by growing existing accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts.
- Executes all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals. This includes making outside sales calls and cold calls while maintaining relationships with current accounts.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key Clients. Creates and solicits new business through innovative means.
- Leads the management of the hotel staff in such a way to increase hotel profitability and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, training, work direction, and performance management of all employees. Also tasked with creating a motivating work environment to allow for development of employees.
- Contributes to the successful development of the Hotel Staff.
- Oversees the activities of all staff members in order to ensure adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Review all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands.
- Conducts all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings.
- Oversees annual salary review and ensures that all employee wages follow federal, state, and local wage and hour guidelines.
- Reviews and maintains accurate records of hotel s funds and information including, but not limited to, the cash flow sheet, accounts receivable and payable, credit card reconciliations, and registration information.
- Reviews and validates vendor invoices.
- Prepares annual budgets and weekly forecasts updates.
- Develops a long term business plan that will increase the hotel s profitability and customer satisfaction with the property, services offered, and staff.
- Oversees advertising and marketing campaigns for the hotel.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel s services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
- Fills in vacant shifts as needed.
- Additional tasks and all other duties as assigned by Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
- 5+ years of management or supervisory experience required
- Accounting or financial budgeting experience required
- Previous experience as a hotel general manager or assistant general manager preferred
DRUG/BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office, personal productivity software, including word processing, spreadsheet and Outlook applications. Knowledge in all phases of hotel management, including but not limited to: sales and marketing, daily management of all areas of operations involving human resources, food and beverage, budget management, rooms, housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping.
- Soft Skills: strong selling and negotiating skills, strong communication and presentation skills, strong leadership skills to motivate and train staff, solid long-range planning and development skills, excellent organizational and prioritization skills, excellent decision maker, ability to work independently, and superior customer service skills.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud at times. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, and human waste
Job Function(s): Hospitality; Other; Store Leadership
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love s Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love s has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes Magazine s annual listing of America s largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love s commitment has remained the same: Clean Places, Friendly Faces.
Associated topics: district manager, editor in chief, executive producer, fire marshal, manager, planning operations, police captain, sergeant, shift lead, team lead