Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional customer service to both our external and internal customers.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Works with other trades to complete projects and task.
- Complete preventative maintenance journals on all equipment.
- Works with vendors, general contractors, and sub-contractors in completing a project or task.
- Must be able to keep all tools and equipment in assigned areas.
- Keep all chemicals in assigned areas with proper labels (SDS).
- Notifies supervisor of conditions requiring immediate attention
- Keeps stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do the work. Informs the supervisor when more materials are needed or when equipment is in need of repair or replacement.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) years maintenance mechanic experience in the building trade required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge of and ability to operate hand-held and power equipment and tools.
- Must possess own tools.
- Ability to use all necessary tools and equipment required to complete all duties and jobs.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines when using required equipment, tools and techniques while performing job duties.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, as-builts, and schematics.
- Knowledge of pumping stations; centrifugal, rotary and impeller pumps; emergency shut-off procedures for gas, water, electrical, etc.; domestic and irrigation water systems including an understanding of fluid motion, pumps, motors, well and holding ponds.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines when using required equipment, tools, and techniques while performing job duties.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a Class "A" Gaming License.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company's insurance carrier.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions - Environment
The physical requirement demands described here are representatives of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional sitting.
- Frequently walking and standing.
- Visual Acuity that best describes the requirements of the position: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection of employees, visitors or facility.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
The working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primary work environment is in a climate - controlled office setting.
- Occasionally working in tight spaces
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.