Cook I (E)
Under the direction of the designated venue Sous Chef, the Cook I prepares food/menu items for guest consumption utilizing only approved recipes, cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management; maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards; maintains positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management, at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains designated workstation ensuring that recipes are consistent in flavor profiles, quality, and appearance; ensures production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station; ensures workstations are fully stocked for forecasted business flow and restock before end of shift.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.) and standard food production equipment; possesses adequate knife skills and ability to sufficiently perform all basic cooking method, as well as the ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
- Possesses adequate understanding of the food rotation method "FIFO"; directly responsible for labeling and dating all food items on their designated station as well as the kitchen as a whole; ensures all food items are within expiration dates or if not, that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
- Possesses the ability to read food order tickets and identify menu items and substitution/special requests in a timely and clear manner as well as communicate those requests clearly to fellow team members.
- Performs any job responsibilities and or tasks deemed necessary by Culinary Management within the scope of this position and business needs of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical/Business certification preferred.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years' experience high-volume line cooking or production cooking in a full-service dining establishment or food service establishment preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Capable of following procedures and taking direction.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a Food Handler's or ServSafe Card and negative Tuberculosis (TB) test.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.