Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage- The Serrano Buffet
Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino (SMIBC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Manager (Manager), the Food & Beverage Assistant Manager: directs and controls efficient food service outlet operations; oversees the training of non-exempt union and exempt employees; oversees cashiers to ensure line wait times are reduced and that all quality standards are consistently met and exceed guest expectations; directs overall activities of the supervisors and leads to ensure established customer service standards are met or exceeded in a safe and orderly work environment. The Assistant Manager is co-responsible for profit and loss forecasting, budgeting, labor management and operations costs to ensure quality and profit while meeting fiscal requirements. The Food and Beverage venues are high-volume foodservice amenities located in a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week casino.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains guidelines to sustain a highly energized culture, engaged and enthusiastic work environment that ensures an optimal restaurant and entertainment experience
- Oversees all aspects of the restaurant dining experience to include: exceptional guest service, quality food presentation, restaurant cleanliness, and an engaging audio/visual experience.
- Coordinates and caters to our high end customers dining in the VIP area to include, reservations, and accommodations, providing the highest level of entertainment/dining guest experience.
- Manages the day-to-day operations in accordance with established policies and procedures ensuring that the outlets operate effectively within departmental fiscal and operational guidelines.
- Maintains complete knowledge of: all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Counsels, guides, and instructs assigned personnel in the proper execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Develops initiatives to build sales, profitability, and guest counts. Maintains effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Compiles variance reports, weekly management reports, comp reports and assists in the annual budget and any other reports deemed necessary by the Manager. Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profitability goals.
- Monitors cashier's performance to ensure that they are in compliance with established policies and procedures overseeing follow-up work to ensure non-recurrence of cashier errors; works closely with business office and internal audit to ensure compliance and to minimize loss from shortages and errors in audits.
- Partners with members of training staff to create a structured and successful training process for all bar employees.
- Works with service staff to ensure that all service standards and policies are maintained and that guests receive exemplary service.
- Establishes health and safety policies and procedures for beverage staff and ensures their compliance.
- Maintains complete knowledge and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree in Food Service or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years' progressive supervisory/management in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere with live entertainment.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in liquor/beer/wine product and mixology.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook is required.
- Proficiency in point-of-sale and inventory systems such as InfoGenesis and Eatec is required.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding them accountable.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler's Card, negative TB test and ServSafe certification.