Food Server, R&B
Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino (SMIBC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Food Server provides pleasant, efficient food, alcohol and non-alcoholic beverage service to guests in the Rock & Brews restaurant and bar.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating the ultimate, memorable guest experience by providing exceptional service to every patron; interacts and entertains in an enthusiastic and engaging manner.
- Acts as an ambassador of the venue; markets all products offered to the targeted customer base.
- Provides timely service in a friendly and courteous manner to all guests within the Venue; greets guests and takes their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Maintains knowledge of the soups and specials of the day, and what items are unavailable. Has necessary stationary ready (pen or pencil, note pad, menu, swipe card.) Speaks to guests in a cordial manner with a smile, at all times.
- Maintains knowledge of all menu items and substitutions, how the food and beverages are prepared and how they are garnished.
- Must pass service standards, food, liquor, wine, beer and alcohol awareness and point of sales tests with scores of 90% or better, before working solo shift: then periodic quizzes and tests thereafter.
- Able to serve 15-25 guests at one time.
- Approaches all tables in assigned section, offers cocktail or beverage service, and menus if they have not already been presented. Informs guests of the specials of the day, the soup of the day, and makes a personal suggestion of one other entr??e, appetizer and dessert; answers questions regarding food preparation.
- Verifies guest is of legal age to consume alcohol and ensures all responsible Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), state and gaming policies are adhered to while serving alcohol.
- Maintains a high level of alcohol knowledge, types of alcohol and pricing, as well as the "cash and carry," alcohol service method. Responsible for collecting payment for each drink or round of drinks when they are ordered.
- Observes guest's behavior in consumption of alcoholic beverages, count number of cocktails consumed, and offer assistance when necessary.
- Enters all food and beverage items into the InfoGenesis (POS) system. Properly learns the fundamentals of the POS systems.
- Delivers soups and salads prior to the main entr??e, if applicable, and times the main entr??e to come up after the guests are finished with the first course. Delivers all beverage and food items to the guests on a tray. Uses tray jacks for large food tray delivery, and returns to the jack stand immediately after use.
- Warms certain food items in the microwave, makes salads from the salad bar, and makes desserts. Leaves workstations clean after use.
- Collects payment for the order at the end of the meal, along with any coupons, credit cards and Serrano Club Card where applicable. The server is responsible for any and all monies owed, all outstanding debts, complimentary orders, coupons, and void orders.
- Schedules breaks on time and in accordance with their co-workers.
- Assists with special projects as directed by the supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests.
- Cashes tips in, on own time (during breaks or after clocking out).
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems or concerns.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization and preparedness of the immediate workspace and adjacent areas.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year food service experience in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy atmosphere with live entertainment.
- Must have good basic mathematical, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must present a neat, clean, and well groomed appearance in accordance with departmental policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant and possess a good attitude.
- Must be able to provide good service in sometimes-difficult situations.
- Exemplary customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively, and work well with others.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class "A" Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler's Card and negative T.B. test.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.