Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino (SMIBC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting patrons from the greater Los Angeles area as well as many other regions of Southern California. Our dynamic Food & Beverage department, the largest department in our organization, strives to create a pleasurable dining experience for all guests and prides itself on exceptional food quality and outstanding customer service.
The Lead Steward is primarily responsible for assisting in the cleanliness of the kitchen, service pantry, silver, china and glassware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs, assists, supervises and trains all Utility Workers in maintaining all culinary work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Coaches, monitors, and develops team members for improved performance.
- Ensures that team members are in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty.
- Trains team members in chemical usage and appropriate food handling practices.
- Takes inventory, places orders and receives orders on each shift.
- Delegates shift station responsibilities and supervises kitchen when called upon.
- Practices safe food handling and sanitation duties as directed by management.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist other team members as needed without being asked.
- Follows up on projects in a timely manner and complies with departmental policies as well as with company rules, regulations, and policies set forth in the employee handbook.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions; maintains station in a neat and orderly manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) year's experience in cleaning, preferably in a hotel or casino.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class "B" Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission.