Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino (SMIBC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than two-million guests a year! Our Facilities department strives to create a pleasurable experience for all patrons by ensuring our buildings and grounds are updated, safe, maintained and clean at all times.
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the Electrician is responsible for performing complex and difficult preventative and corrective maintenance on Casino high and low voltage electrical systems and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical equipment, appliances, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools; locates the cause of a breakdown and corrects the problem.
- Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and ensures code compliance.
- Plans new or modifies installations to minimize waste of materials; provides access for future maintenance and avoids unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring consistent with specifications and compliance codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment; follows diagrams and/or prints ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit.
- Installs control and distribution apparatuses such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for corrections, repositioning/relocating, or replacement.
- Maintains timers, photocells, and contactors for all building and parking structure lighting.
- Restarts electricity to all buildings caused by electrical failures.
- Installs computer, telephone, communication, fiber, and other cable and lines.
- Maintains logs, preventative maintenance journals, and reports for all equipment.
- Updates as-builts and panel schedules due to changes, additions, deletions.
- Ensures all duties are performed safely and with proper personal protective equipment such as: Arc Flash and Flash Fire protective clothing, safety harnesses, insulated tools, etc.
- Works safely with live current (hot work).
- Understands, observes and practices NEC guidelines.
- Works with vendors, general contractors, and sub-contractors in completing an assigned project and/or task.
- Notifies management of conditions requiring immediate attention.
- Maintains and keeps area in a clean, safe environment.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or minimum two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Lt. required.
- Ability to use all necessary tools and equipment required to complete all duties and jobs.
- Must have possession of own tools.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, as-builts, and schematics.
- Knowledge of power and hand tools; emergency shut-off procedures for gas, water, electrical, etc.; pumping stations; centrifugal, rotary, and impeller pumps; domestic and irrigation water systems including an understanding of fluid motion, pumps, motors, well and holding ponds.
- Knowledge of 277/480. Working knowledge of generators (freestanding) - KW1100, KW1500, KW2100, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class "A" Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company's insurance carrier.