Material Forecasting Manager
Material Forecasting Manager - Troy, OH
Category: Demand Planning
Industry: Manufacturing (Aerospace/Aviation)
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience in Demand Planning or Supply Chain field
- 5+ years recent supervisory experience
- Intermediate to expert level usage of MS Excel
- Demonstrated experience with Statistical Forecasting or equivalent ERP/MRP software
- Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher from an Accredited Institution
- Aerospace industry experience desired but NOT required
- SAP APO Demand Planning experience
- APICS certification
Location: Troy, OH
Good experience with Forecasting Methodologies is required
Need experience making Presentations to Sr. Level Management
Leadership experience with multiple direct reports is needed
ERP Software experience is required
Statistical Forecasting Software experience is required
Expert in MS Excel is needed
LARGE Distribution Center experience is preferred
Experience with over 5000 SKU is strongly desired
SAP APO Experience strongly preferred
Position Type: Permanent/Full Time
Relocation Assistance: YES (Full Relocation Assistance is Provided)
Salary: Depends upon Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Higher
APICS Certification Required
Every second a plane takes off with Client equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren't satisfied with today's success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Material Forecasting Manager within the Global Demand Planning group (GDP) at our Troy Facility. This position reports to the Manager, Global Demand Planning. The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Essential / Key Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of demand analysts which includes creation/assessment of performance feedback and guidance.
- Ensure forecast for the aircraft wheel and brake product line is aligned with industry standard statistical forecasting methodology and other available tools and processes.
- Perform Decision Support activities for Global Demand Planning by providing leadership in; selecting forecasting parameters by part segment, forecasting system health checks, IT support for SAP tools, and benchmarking.
- Maintain product forecast in SAP to support global OE, Aftermarket, and MRO demands for assigned programs/customers
- Assure drive is linked to Forecast Methodology by program/market channel (Make to stock, Make to Order, or Forecast)
- Document assumptions for material drive - including carbon products (articulate changes in demand from original 'budget' plan)
- Reconcile demand from various data sources (VPS, Customer Intel and internal models)
- Maintenance and improvement of GDP standard work and processes
- Supports business unit and corporate Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) processes. This includes communication of demand changes and verification of loaded demand to a senior leadership audience.
- Supports Policy Deployment Progress Review (PDPR), Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and other alignment initiatives.
- Manage the Excess and Obsolete inventory process for both Troy (OEM site) and Services (MRO sites); oversees GDP input from review of inventory on hand through the scrap and financial reserve processes
About the Company
We are a Full Service Staffing and Executive Search Agency since 2011, and match supply and demand the traditional way. We are active in nationally, and specialize in Administrative/Office support, Accounting, Customer Service, Call Center, and higher level Direct Hire placements.
We are an excellent resource for anyone looking for work that is not advertised on the open market, and are an ideal broker of your individual qualifications.
We are an excellent resource for employers seeking talent on the Contingent Staffing or Direct Hire/Permanent Placement side.