Payroll Practitioner III
Coordinates and follows up on activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
-Processes new hire and termination paper work.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and garnishments to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Files payroll and human resources related paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enter payroll entries in QuickBooks
- Enter ADP Billings
-Posts transactions into the proper journals (maintained appropriate transaction back-up (i.e. receipts, invoices, purchase orders, etc.)
-Enters vendor invoices in QuickBooks (so Corporate office can generate payment to vendors).
-Maintains accounting hard copy files
-Create all necessary invoices
-Processes garnishments and levy's in ADP
-Create labels for new hire folders, child support, medical support, workers compensation, etc.
-Consistently maintain up-to-date contact information in both QuickBooks and Outlook contacts.
-Audits employee files for background checks
-Audits employee files for (E-Verify) employment eligibility
-Processes benefits enrollments, cancellations, changes including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, STD and LTD.
-Work with controller on Workers Compensation, 401(k) and 5500 audits
- Reviews, or directs review of, personnel records to determine names, rates of pay, and occupations of newly hired workers, and changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll.
- Records, or directs recording of, new or changed pay rates in payroll register or computer files.
- Directs compilation and preparation of other payroll data such as pension, insurance, and credit union payments.
- Reviews and secures approval of payroll deductions.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Directs preparation of government reports directly related to payroll.
- Assists in the preparation of government reports directly related to human resources.
- Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Reviews the payroll administrator's work for accuracy.
- Primary lead in processing open enrollment paperwork for benefits.
- Manages the process for handling wage garnishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree from a University and five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company Description Total Airport Services, Inc., (TAS) is an airline service company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company offers a wide-array of services to airline carriers and airports throughout the United States. It's based on a business model that highlights personalized, Quality Customer Service for airlines and airports.
Our service is personalized because senior management is involved and committed to our customers. With TAS, each of our customers are unique and special; not just another number in a long list of contracts. If there ever is a problem, it's handled quickly and to our customer's satisfaction. We do this because we believe that satisfied customers are our best marketing tool. If our customer succeeds, then so do we!
Our Quality Customer Service, a critical component of airline and airport service, means consistency and reliability to our customers as they serve the traveling public. Whether it's safely turning aircraft on time, insuring airports operate properly, or helping shippers safely move their cargo, TAS is a company that specializes in Quality Customer Service.
We perform these services in five primary areas. These are: Cargo Aircraft Handling; Cargo Warehousing; Passenger Aircraft Handling and Passenger Services; and Airport Support Services.
Visit us at
View TAS video click here