- Responsible for the ongoing replacement and repair of furnishings onboard vessels, including inspection, planning, installation and evaluation; ensures furnishings are in accordance with approved quality standards, company guidelines and fiscal plans.
- Develops and implements strategic furnishing plans in conjunction with the Technical and Hotel Departments for annual maintenance and major refits; evaluates furnishing elements to find the most appropriate and efficient materials; ensures refurbishment/maintenance is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinates with shipboard and shore-side management to review the requirements of each vessel to develop an implementation plan; evaluates action plans and make recommendations for improvements.
- Oversees forecast and budget for ongoing maintenance and capital expenditure for vessels, including a 5-year continuous plan; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Manages the development and integration of the AMOS Furnishing Management System with Oracle and our inventory systems used in various locations worldwide. Maintain the data base content and develop user reports for Inventory, Finance and Operations.
- Manages contractual analysis, development, negotiations, and implementations. Coordinates delivery and loading schedules for ship refits and in service projects.
- Executes managerial responsibilities over contractors to insure the materials used and installation performed meets all Princess requirements.
- Trains both shore-side and shipboard management on the proper procedures for the AMOS System including new product entry, AMOS requests and various reports.
- Completion of a four-year college degree program or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of experience in progressively responsible positions in the area of purchasing, interior design or Hospitality related business.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel. Ability to develop complex financial spreadsheets.
- Strong management ability to assign responsibilities, allocate resources and direct corrective action to attain favorable business impact.
- Strong analytical skills. Comprehensive understanding of cost and forecast analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with shipboard management, employees and other departments.
- Ability to travel, both domestic as well as international, approximately 20%. Extended travel time, up to a month at one time, may be required.
?? Familiarity with AMOS system.
?? Working knowledge of Crunchtime! Inventory system.
?? Working knowledge of CAD software.
?? Inventory management.
?? Prior experience in the cruise ship industry in the area of refurbishment, furnishings or hotel operations.