The Council for Airport Opportunity (CAO) is partnering with several high profile employers at Newark Airport to help recruit RAMP AGENTS!
Please join us for the next Ground Services Agent Recruitment Event:
Date: Friday, April 21, 2017
Check-in Time: 9:00 AM-9:30 AM or 1:00PM-1:30PM
Location: Council for Airport Opportunity
17 Academy Street 5th Floor, Newark, New Jersey 07102???
Please come professionally dressed with photo I.D and 3 copies of your resume.
Airline flight crews need Ramp Agents to safely guide their planes into gates and then push them back out again. Ramp Agents are also responsible for all ground servicing of a commercial airliner, including loading and unloading of baggage and cargo.
Ramp Agent Duties.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40-50 pounds on a raised surfaces;
- Must be able to work in the under bins of an aircraft by climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling;
- Must be able to carry heavy items up/down jetway stairs to and from aircraft.
- Lift 40-75 or more pounds
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. (Suspended, expired, revoked or denied licenses are not valid)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must submit to a background screening and drug test
- Great customer service skills. Ability to operate equipment such as: forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, baler and other mechanical equipment
- Good communication skills
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Must submit to a drug test and background check