Sr. Business Development Manager (Hotels.com - New York, Bay Area or
Hotels.com has an exciting new opportunity in North America! We are searching for a Sr. Business Development professional to manage and develop a portfolio of strategic partnerships that drive distribution and new customer acquisition for the brand.
The right candidate will own our strategy for generating opportunities to acquire new capabilities, technology solutions, and/or services that can enhance the Hotels.com value proposition while driving incremental revenue. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, pitching, onboarding, managing new direct partners and collaborate with other teams to execute key business development initiatives.
The Sr. Business Development Manager will report to the Director of Global Business Development in our London HQ.
- Identify and pitch new partners, in line with business development strategy
- Negotiate commercial terms and contractual agreement process in coordination with legal counsel, supported by Director of Global Business Development
- Serve as the primary interface for strategic partner management to ensure healthy and growing partnerships; (1) Identify growth strategy with key partners, develop new use cases, business models, and implementation plans, (2) Work cross-functionally with internal teams to implement new opportunities and maintain partnerships and (3) Project-manage new partners and activities, work cross functionally with internal teams such as affiliate marketing, product development & merchandising
- Analyze, monitor and communicate metrics and milestones associated with partnerships
- Perform business metrics reviews and analysis of performance against predetermined partnership criteria and identify opportunities to optimize programs
- Coordinate with internal EI functions to identify best practices and optimize overall process
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-5 years of applicable business development and relationship management experience
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills with technical, contractual and financial issues
- Proven ability in building partnerships, market/business development and/or account management; including managing complex processes and negotiations end-to-end preferably in the online/technology space
- Ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment and work effectively cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent people skills and relationship-building abilities
- Proactive, energetic, creative, self-starter with a passion for driving business success
- Previous experience with a top tier strategy consulting firm
- MBA or other advanced degree
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals.
About the Expedia, Inc. Group
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio includes brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), Egencia, Hotwire, eLong, Trivago, and Venere, to name a few.
Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to a wide range of hotels, hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit to learn more about our travel brands.
At Expedia, Inc. we believe in personality and passion. We know how to have fun. We love solving problems and creating ideas. Were a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world. We believe in a work-well, live-well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs.
*HJI123Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.