Brand Specific Description:
The Controls Analyst will bring strong critical thinking, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology to a fast growing, technology-based online travel industry leader. This individual will be responsible for conducting assessments and monitoring ongoing strategic remediation activities, focusing on how technology securely enables the business to meet strategic objectives while partnering with other risk management teams within the organization. The individual will pro-actively seek to improve the controls framework by developing and helping to implement predictive and preventative controls.
- Support the development and optimization of the GPP internal control framework
- Support the effective and timely execution of internal controls with control performers, owners, and functional leadership
- Provide guidance to control performers, owners, and functional leadership regarding internal control gaps and assist in the effective and timely remediation thereof
- Maintain standard internal control framework documentation and reporting including process flowcharts
- Administer internal control systems
- Continuously assess the internal controls environment and framework for improvement opportunities
- Monitor business processes for changes impacting internal controls and provide recommendations for control redesign
- Provide thought leadership and support for effective business process redesign/remediation
- Support the department strategic priority to maximize preventative and automated controls by actively pursuing all opportunities to automate internal controls
- Working with various lines of business within the organization to develop a culture that fosters self-identification of business and operational issues
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans
- Work with process owners within business functions critical to day to day operations to document key processes and quickly recognize controls and gaps along with ability to quantify risks associated with gaps
- Work with business process owners to develop key risk indicators that lead to prediction of change in risk factors within operational areas.
- Coordinate with business process owners on the root cause analysis and corrective action plans for identified issues
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with process and risk owners.
- Strong critical thinking, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to clearly articulate risk concepts throughout GPP
- Strong data analytics skillset
- Able to think strategically while driving tactical activities.
- Must be an effective team player
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership either face-to-face or written communication
- Effectively manage multiple projects and timelines according to stakeholder's requirements.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to develop influence cross functionally
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Must be self-driven and motivated
Experience and Qualification:
- 1-3 years experience within an internal controls, internal audit or public accounting environment
- Knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with publicly traded company
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other relevant audit or risk management professional certification.
*LI-RR2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.