Sr. Marketing Analyst, North America (Hotels.com - Dallas, TX)
Hotels.com is seeking a marketing and strategy professional for the North America region, our biggest line of business. This person will partner with the Director of North America Marketing to lead efforts to accelerate growth across our world-class Marketing organization.
As a Sr. Marketing Analyst for Hotels.com, you will be responsible for helping identify, develop and implement regional strategies, align the marketing channels/marketing spend, understand our customer base and drive strategic regional projects. This highly visible role requires the analytical ability to identify trends within our vast amounts of eCommerce data and the passion to turn the insights into actions that drive growth by working collaboratively across the entire business.
- Develop methods of reporting/data and analytics and to identify and capitalize on opportunities to create demand in the North America market, substantially grow market share, and focus on long-term strategies to drive region growth
- Partner with various digital marketing channels to monitor financial performance/trends, optimize spend and identify pockets of opportunity for additional growth
- Understand the customer: who they are, what their travel patterns are, where they originate from/travel to and how we can grow and retain that base plus gain share of wallet
- Identify areas of opportunity and testing within the website and across marketing levers meant to drive upside for the region
- Benchmark marketing performance across markets, channels and products to stimulate the sharing of best practices
- You have the ability to work and thrive in a multi tasked, cross-functional and fast paced environment
- You have advanced analytical and Excel skills and can demonstrate a real passion for working with digital marketing data to achieve e-commerce goals. SQL skills strongly preferred.
- You embrace creativity, innovation and finding scrappy ways achieve your objectives
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex issues at all levels of an organization
- Previous familiarity with eCommerce functionality as it relates to web analytics is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving
- Proven record of analysis-driven and fact-based decision making
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to lead multiple projects /responsibilities
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business or quantitative field; MBA a plus
- Previous experience using analytics to drive strategy, particularly in a Marketing function
- Previous experience in effectively influencing across functions/teams and delivering large projects in a dynamic marketing environment
- Online retail experience would be beneficial
- Online travel landscape knowledge beneficial
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with properties ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals.
About the Expedia, Inc. Group
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio includes brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), Egencia, Hotwire, eLong, Trivago, and Venere, to name a few.
Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to a wide range of hotels, hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit to learn more about our travel brands.
At Expedia, Inc. we believe in personality and passion. We know how to have fun. We love solving problems and creating ideas. Were a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world. We believe in a work-well, live-well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs.
*HJI123Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.