Lift Operator - Summer Seasonal
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
What a great way to spend your summer! Greet guests as they arrive on mountain and load up for the day, check in with them on their activities, point them towards the best trails or sights, and overall, have a blast interacting with folks who are here to experience our amazing summer playground! We re looking for candidates who are able to interact with our guests in a positive manner while ensuring that they load/unload the Gondola and other lifts in a safe manner. Also, this position is required to work outdoors so be prepared for varying weather conditions!
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for guest safety at the chairlifts/gondola/surface lifts.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests as they enjoy our mountain.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily job related tasks.
- Assists in daily setup and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Assists all guests in loading, riding, and unloading of the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Able to work for extended periods of time outside in changing summer conditions.
- Works closely with ski patrol, lift maintenance, and lift electric to assist and resolve any problems that may arise on the mountain.
- Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting time - required.
- Experience working in a summer alpine environment - preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Ability to read and write English - required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required..
- Exceptional guest service skills; Ability to work in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
If you want to obtain your summer Experience of a Lifetime, you've found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of thrilling activities, adventure and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain Canopy Tours to mouthwatering Smokehouse cuisine, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique Epic experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 134928