Accounts Payable Clerk
Paramount Hospitality Management is currently seeking a General cashier/Accounts Payable Clerk for our Corporate Offices located in the Floridays resort on South International Drive.
Responsibilities - To ensure that all invoices received are signed -off on and verified by the respective department head to ensure that the pricing/quantity billed has been received and matched the purchase order on file, while also cash managing the timely payment to the respective vendors. As General Cashier you will be accountable to the daily management and accountability/reconciliation of all in-house banks and the integrity of the cash is always accountable for.
- Receive all invoices for addition and extension of all prices. Match invoices with appropriate purchase order and receiving documents.
- Review all invoices for proper approval.
- Review all invoices to determine which companies offer discounts. Process all invoices received in a timely basis to assure that the hotel may take advantage of the discount offer.
- Code all invoices using expensive categories as outlined in the Chart of Accounts provided.
- Process approved vouchers through the accounting system.
- Submit all approved due invoices weekly to the Corporate Controller for processing and check run.
- Accompany F & B designated personnel with there monthly or bi-monthly inventories.
- Verify F & B inventory pricing against invoices to ensure the financial integrity of the inventory. This process also should apply for all inventory areas (gift shop, hsk etc???).
- Prepare special analyses and / or reports as directed by the General Manager and Corporate Controller.
- Insure timely issuance of travel agent checks. Research and resolve all discrepancies in commissions to include skipped payments.
- Remove contents of drop safe with witness present. Check each cashier envelope to the deposit log to ensure that the deposit amounts reported on both are the same. Along with witness, cashier must sign the deposit log and retain on file for a minimum of one year. Report any deficiencies to the G.M. and Corporate Controller immediately.
- Open, count and sort daily cash receipts from all sources. Verify that amount recorded on each cashier deposit envelope is the same as the amount included.
- Prepare daily deposit of all monies received for delivery of bank by armored car service.
- Determine monies needed from bank on a daily basis to keep resort operating efficiently and then call bank with change order.
- Prepare and issue "Due Backs" to cashiers. Maintain signed receipt log.
- Issue change as required by cashiers, bartenders and MOD's.
- Reconcile and Transmit Credit card batches.
- Assist in counting all house banks on a monthly basis and randomly. Prepare monthly Bank Count Recap and Summary and General Cashier House Bank Recap and Summary report.
- Ensure that all petty cash vouchers presented for payment have been sign by the appropriate manager. Prepare request for petty cash reimbursement on a timely basis and forward to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Complete House Bank Contract form as acknowledgement of acceptance of the full amount of house funds reflected in the General Ledger.
- Obtain House Bank Contract from each employee to whom house funds have been issued. Retain contracts in safe and a copy to H.R. to be placed in the employee's personal file.
- Count bank daily and document weekly.
- Prepare no-show charge vouchers for posting.
- Maintain a safe environment for both employees and guests, and report any suspicious or deficiencies to the appropriate manager.
College degree preferable
Must possess minimum 3 - 5 years hotel accounting experience
Proficient with computer skills (word, excel etc..)
Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proven leadership skills, computer literate and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.