We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing . With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
AAA is known for providing exceptional products, service and experiences to our members. Travel Counselors provide valuable travel sales and support resources to AAA members. They are passionate about travel, and enjoy sharing travel experiences or vacation ideas to others. Whether it be honeymoons, cruises, family trips or short get-a-ways, our experienced travel counselors provide knowledgeable recommendations to ensure a wonderful travel experience.
Why work for us?
- Compensation – Base plus bonus platform with eligibility of annual merit increase
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more!
- 401k Matching – $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of pay
- Annual Incentive Plan – Eligibility to participate in AAA NCNU annual bonus plan
- Paid Time Off – Ten hours per month, ten holidays annually, one floating holiday and 24 hours per year earmarked for volunteer activities
- Collaborative Environment – AAA will value your contribution to providing exceptional service to our members
- United Way – $1-$1 matching
What our Travel Counselors do:
- Our Counselors are self-sufficient and self-motivated in order to succeed and possess world-wide travel knowledge while being able to work with high level of accuracy.
- Travel Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our AAA products and services to create unique and memorable vacation experiences.
- Products/Services Handled: Full Service International Cruise & Tour bookings; Air, Hotel, Car, & Rail ticketing; and all related Member Servicing (primary) – Membership Sales & Servicing (secondary).
Education & Experience/Licenses & Certification
- Demonstrated skills in selling travel services (international and domestic) are required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and consultative communication skills.
- The ability to cultivate relationships, identify the needs of our Members, and thrive in a sales culture is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of travel products and strong geographical knowledge
- This position also requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Bilingual communication skills and/or Travel Institute certification as “CTA, CTC, or CTIE” are a plus.
**Please note that you will be asked to complete a candidate assessment following your application, via email. Your application will not be considered until the assessment has been completed.**
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.