Books and tickets domestic and international air reservations in support of meetings and incentives for groups and for individuals on an “as needed” basis. Works in a team made up of a Travel Account Manager and Travel Coordinator to provide related travel services (such as additional hotel and ground arrangements). Provides exceptional customer service through the maintenance and communication of travel related information.
- Books and tickets domestic and international air travel reservations for meetings and incentives ranging in size from 20 to 5,000 people
- Works closely with airlines negotiating and managing group contracts and seating
- Coordinates communication between internal team members and clients
- Acts as liaison between client and their meeting attendees or incentive recipients
- Calculates and collects any deviation or change fees from passengers
- Prepares mail-out materials in conjunction with their internal team to include flights letters, travel itineraries, and any additional information that needs to be communicated pre-trip
- Creates and maintains arrival and departure manifests and other reports utilizing Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and additional internal company registration software
- Provides support services to Travel Account Manager
- Utilizes blocked air space to minimize customer liability
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts; applies discount programs appropriately
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs.
- Builds and maintains profiles for clients
- Ensures any special requests are included in all reservations (such as, but not limited to hotel reward programs, frequent traveler program information and seating preferences)
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, airport city codes, airline fare base codes, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts
- Provides air analysis research
- Processes air travel arrangements for passengers based on clients requests while enforcing the company timeline set in place (includes dates and fee structures) and pays close attention to budgetary guidelines
- Conducts flight monitoring of all flights on day of departure and return for all programs including nights and weekends
- Responsible for daily download processing of SABRE data into TRAMS
- Performs weekly ARC processing and sends to appropriate parties
- Performs end of program billing and close-outs to account for profit and/or loss
- Verify pricing and itinerary information of third-party vendors
- Track and report billing of third-party vendors
- Books staff travel to include air, hotel, and car rental using Corporate Travel Policy guidelines
- Processes the ARC report on a weekly basis
- Handles Individual Incentive Travel fulfillment and produces proposals for Individual Incentive Travel.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English – oral and written
- Proficient in Native SABRE and New SabreRED Workspace required (including ticket exchanges (full and partial)
- Knowledge of TRAMS and ARC reporting preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well within a team environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productivity and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2+ years group or corporate experience desired
- Proficiency on Native SABRE and New SabreRED Workspace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, & Outlook)
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed
- Knowledge of ticketing and reservation procedures for airline, hotel and car rentals
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills
- Regular attendance is necessary to successfully perform this job; extended hours may be necessary from time to time
- The stress level can be high, usually deadline driven
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is necessary to successfully perform this job; extended hours may be necessary from time to time.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The stress level can be high, usually deadline driven.
- Minimal traveling required.