Position: Full-Time (Office-based) Travel Agent
Starting Date: Immediate Fill
Edgerton Travel, a company owned by Legacy Travel Group, has a long and distinguished reputation as a full-service travel agency in Northern Indiana. We have three locations in Indiana, and are seeking a full-time travel agent based in our Mishawaka (South Bend) location.
We are looking for an experienced travel agent. Additional product, destination, and systems training will be provided. Knowledge of Client Base and Sabre GDS is a plus, as is a basic understanding of travel marketing. If you enjoy working with people, are well-versed on leisure travel products and destinations, and want to be a key part of a company that is building a strong future, we would love to have you join our team.
Job Duties and Description
- Sell domestic, international and custom travel packages using established procedures
- Able to recommend and sell our preferred vendors and suppliers, within client needs
- Advise on best value, location, and mode of travel to meet client needs
- Receive and resolve customer related concerns and service issues in a prompt & professional manner
- Develop strong business relationships with our valued customers, based on a consultative sales approach
- Attend travel seminars, FAMs, continuing education and specialist training to stay informed on industry changes and trends
- Record sales, track leads, maintain and update customer files in our CRM system
- Perform other small business related duties and tasks as necessary
- Some overnight travel will be required to attend staff meetings, FAMS, conferences and more.
- Have the ability to work independently and self-motivated without excessive hand holding
- Collaboration is key in the travel industry so functioning well as part of team is essential
- Contributing to improvements and embracing enhancements in a small business setting
- Comfortable with research and detail oriented
- Warm and friendly customer service presence
- Strong consultative sales skills, vs. hard closing sales skills
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral, internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Professional image and appearance
- Strong grasp of English language (written and spoken)
- Personal travel experience is highly valued
- An understanding of travel marketing, social media, and digital marketing is a plus
Legacy Travel Group and Edgerton Travel are equal opportunity employers.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: