Model Cocktail Server - Pool (Seasonal)
Overview: Don?t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you?ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry. An individual could be successful if they possess the following. Your daily responsibilities include: MAJOR JOB DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides prompt, courteous service to guests while maintaining a friendly and pleasant atmosphere at the bar or in the casino area.
- Provides quality service to both internal and external guests, specifically maintaining established quality standards for timely food and beverage.
- Follows company standards of hospitality by making eye contact with every guest, smiling and offering a warm and friendly greeting with the proper verbiage: ?Good morning, afternoon, or evening, thank you, ma?am or sir, may I??
- Adheres to the 1/3/5 rule. One minute to greet and acknowledge the guest, three minutes to provide their needs or wants, and check back every five minutes with eye contact or words.
- Places order with bartender, inspects order for quality, collects and adds appropriate garnish, places on tray and serves to patrons with cocktail napkin.
- Demonstrates power to solve guest problems by assisting the guest and alerting the supervisor of any complaints. Maintains complete knowledge on all in house services and functions.
- Asks politely for the identification of any customer who appears to be under the age of 30.
- Clears tables and straightens all guest areas after each beverage is served. Places a fresh cocktail napkin down each time and continually caps ashtrays and replaces with clean ashtray.
- Upsells and suggestively sells menu items, specials and beverages at all times.
- Makes every effort to learn guest names and uses names to say, ?Mr. or Mrs. Smith.?
- Performs prep tasks when not serving guests by helping to stock items or clean work areas.
- Enforces guest limit regulations in a firm and courteous manner.
- Maintains company-issue uniform in good condition and reports to work in authorized uniform as mandated by organization. This includes maintaining a clean and well-groomed appearance in compliance with departmental and company dress code standards.
- Must provide courteous and friendly service to all guests and staff.
- Performs related work as requested.