Player Services Cashier
Overview: Don?t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Boomtown Casino we think you?ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry. We are currently seeking a talented individual to become a Player Services Cashier. An individual could be successful if they possess the following. Your daily responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of and enforcement of all gaming laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Player Services Department.
- Exchanges cash, coins, tokens and chips in accordance with established procedures.
- Aids customers in completion of credit applications.
- Cashes personal, travelers and payroll checks in compliance with approved procedures, and performs credit card advances.
- Records any applicable federal cash transactions.
- Issues and receives payments on markers.
- Balances bank at end of shift.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with customers and fellow team members.
- Any and all duties assigned by your Supervisor or a member of management.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have good math and money handling skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to obtain a Gaming Permit.
- Must have 10-key calculator and keyboarding skills. Must also have previous experience with jet sort, coin roller, check cashing and credit card cash advance systems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to climb or balance. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.