General Job Description – Corporate Travel Agent
Under the direction of a manager or supervisor, the Corporate Travel Agent works in an office to:
- Plan, sell and arrange transportation and accommodations for corporate agency customers. Provide customers with expertise for modes of transportation, costs, and related travel services.
- Adheres to client travel policies. Uses client profiles and global booking tools in making travel arrangements.
- Understands and follows industry, regularity and ethical standards in making and handling client requirements
- Follow established company procedures and guidelines to create Passenger Name Records (PNR’s) in the Global Distribution System.
- Maintain and update working knowledge and understanding of domestic/international air fares and other negotiated fare rules and booking procedures
- Stay updated on required knowledge of available resources in order to advise clients of appropriate travel requested information and travel documentation
- Works alone and in teams under general supervision in delivering customer services in accordance with prescribed office procedures, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Travel industry experience – minimum of 3 years with corporate, government, or leisure bookings
- Experience in using Amadeus a plus, but other GDS experience will be considered.
- Excellent customer service and follow through from communication skills, telephone and email etiquette. Must have the ability to focus and concentrate in order to provide essential and effective levels of service to clients. Required to work on multiple bookings during high peak periods. Must be able to professionally resolve clients' travel problems and work well through travel planners and clients.
Additional Job Details
- Work Location: One location at 11350 McCormick Road, Executive Plaza II, Suite 102, Hunt Valley, MD
- Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Travel Agent Certification Required: No
- Typical start time: 9AM
- Typical end time: 5:30PM
- Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous, People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects, Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction, Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- This Company Describes Its Culture as: Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes, People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Apply method: Email