Provides the very best guest service. Greet guests and assist in explaining how to play the Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) and Electronic bingo games. Sell, make change and make payouts when required. Comply with internal controls and departmental procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the verifications of jackpots, payment and completion of jackpots.
- Roams the assigned area and identifies machine problems or patron issues that may need attention.
- Troubleshoots player terminals and electronic bingo systems.
- Responsible for impressed floor bank for Guest transactions of currency and ticket exchange for gaming play. Verifies and assist payment for jackpots and proper paperwork.
- Roams assigned area and alerts Electronic Gaming Supervisor of problems with machines, guest discrepancies or any other issues that need immediate attention.
- Provides general maintenance and cleanliness of assigned area.
- Learns and executes electronic gaming department systems, policies and procedures.
- Exercises good salesmanship techniques and displays professionalism and courtesy towards customers, co-workers and management at all times.
- Instructs guests on how to play the various VLT /Electronic bingo games by providing clear and concise instructions.
- Writes or verbally reports activities, observations and recommendations on a daily basis.
- Follows protocol at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the minimum age requirement of 21. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other team members of the organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Washington State Gaming Class III License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear, bend, twist and reach. The team member is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to second hand smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Located on the pristine Washington coast, the Swinomish Casino & Lodge is owned and operated by our tribal community. We started as a small bingo operation in 1985. In 1990, we began negotiations for a gaming license and a Compact was signed with the State of Washington in December of 1992. We chose to build the casino next to its acclaimed Bingo Hall. The construction was completed and the Casino opened its doors to the public on July 15, 1994.
Over the years, the company has grown but its philosophy and commitment have always remained the same: to be the friendliest casino in the area with outstanding customer service and to provide guests a luxuriant, state-of-the-art experience while maintaining and upholding the cultural identity of the Swinomish Tribe. Today, we are proud to be one of the leading employers in the Anacortes area.
Swinomish Casino & Lodge is a full-service entertainment destination including a 98 room luxury lodge, 9,000ft2 multipurpose Wa Walton Event Center, and casino featuring Las Vegas style gaming. We have 800 of the latest slot titles, table games including Black Jack, Craps, Roulette, and Keno.
Swinomish Casino and Lodge offers great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Quarterly Incentives.