OEM SALES ENGINEER
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE DFW AREA
MorningStar Recruitment, Inc.'s client specializes in the design and development of Solid-State Frequency Converters and Environmental Control Systems. Our client is a full service organization that performs all aspects of the design, production, sale and service of their products, providing single-source responsibility for our customers.
For nearly 60 years MorningStar's client has been a key supplier to the defense-aerospace, aviation and industrial markets. Our client values its employees and provides an environment where employees can grow with the company, contribute and be rewarded!
Position Summary - This position will be "home office" based in the DFW Metroplex Area of the United States, and will report to the Director of Sales (DoS). The initial primary responsibility being to gain an increase Market share of our client's OEM equipment products in the Military and Defense/Aerospace private sector located in the United States and Canada. The position is to perform one-on-one selling at potential customer locations on a regular basis principally in North America and occasionally involving off-shore locations.
United States Citizen:
United States Citizen: A U.S.A citizenship will be required because many of MorningStar's client's targeted customers are within the Defense/Aerospace market which often necessitates access to restricted areas relating to National Defense where such documentation proof is required.
This position requires extensive field travel throughout North America; a travel schedule averaging at least three (3) weeks out of every four weeks resulting in a thorough coverage of the assigned territory every six (6) month period unless otherwise approved by the DoS. A Travel Calendar covering as a minimum a period of three (3) months in advance shall be regularly maintained weekly by the OEM Sales Engineer, and shall identify specific areas of travel and any scheduled meetings with potential and existing customers sighting Company name and POC. This Travel Calendar shall be submitted weekly to the DoS for review and comment until such time as the DoS finds it unnecessary in the normal conduct of business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities -
1. Perform face-to-face selling at potential customer locations.
2. Prepare a weekly forecast of sales opportunities reflecting all existing opportunities.
3. Prepare trip reports comprehensively summarizing the details of each field sales call. These reports are to be prepared weekly so they can be timely reviewed for suggestions and recommended follow up action.
4. Maintain a project log with current progress for target customers
5. Monitor and report findings about competitors with respect to pricing, delivery and product offering.
6. Support various Conferences, Exhibitions, and Conventions defined in North America and others specified by the DoS through the evaluation or participation in of said activities as directed from time to time.
7. Perform all other duties as outlined as being relative to the basic function of the stated position.
Other Qualifications -
1. Proven organizational skills, including scheduling, planning, and coordinating details.
- Strategic selling skills including ability to develop and deliver presentations as well as create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including motivation, training, morale boosting and art of persuasion.
- Must be tenacious and aggressive, yet cheerful and empathetic with the objectives of both the customer and the company.
- Must be willing to devote the time and energy necessary to travel and entertain both customers and sales representatives.
6. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Technical knowledge of solid-state power conversion techniques and equipment is necessary.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ACT.
- Work history that reflects stability, personal growth, and loyalty.
1. At least five (5) years of actual technical OEM electrical and/or electronic power product selling experience in the Defense/Aerospace market, three (3) of which is accomplished as a traveling sales engineer with time allocation as defined herein.
1. College degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience gained through successful completion of an accredited trade school or military electronic based school.
Company Description MorningStar is a leading recruitment company in the Manufacturing / Industrial and Healthcare industries. At MorningStar we are committed to providing the highest level of quality, ethics and standards during all phases of the recruitment process. Our mission is to make your the hiring manager's job easier, while reducing your cost of attracting, securing and retaining talent. We treat the candidates and companies we work for with respect and we follow up with qualified candidates throughout the process. MorningStar believes in quality service and is unique in its industry practices.