This position is responsible for completing all grounds maintenance tasks for the Hershey Nursery.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Responsible for completing all grounds maintenance tasks as assigned, completing time cards, exhibiting safe and productive work habits, and maintaining Nursery standards.
- Tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to: spring clean-up, edging and mulching, trimming, pruning, mowing, annual work, watering, weeding, leaf clean-up, and other grounds maintenance tasks.
- This position deals mainly with the maintenance and manicuring of an existing landscape.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- A proven interest in garden or lawn care.
- Ability to operate standard transmission vehicles.
- Knowledge and safe use of hand and/or power equipment involved in grounds maintenance required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekend work and overtime.
- Daily work shift may change due to work requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and operate heavy machinery.
- Considerable walking, stooping, lifting, and kneeling required.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description We are a leader in the entertainment and hospitality industry. Behind our award winning properties are people with one mutual goal to extend the legacy of our founder by helping families and guests create lasting memories in Hershey, The Sweetest Place on Earth. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, by providing value to The Milton Hershey School, the largest home and school in the world for children in need.
We offer a number of desirable career paths for motivated individuals who are attracted to our guest-focused, service-minded, and character-centered culture. Some of our employees have grown up here; their first job was with us. Others have joined our team right out of college, mid-career, or after retirement. What we all have in common is a commitment to our founder Milton Hershey's legacy of excellence. We invite you to join us in Hershey The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Check out our employment opportunities online at .