Cafe Room Manager
Responsibilities include overseeing the performance and coordination of all work performed by all Caf??, TDR and Sanitation Team Members assigned, passing on pertinent information to Assistant Room Managers and Team Members, and ensuring proper service standards are used in all internal and external Guest experiences
1. Responsible for participating in the creation of annual budgets, and managing and leading the unit in all forecasting and cost controls to meet or exceed units operating financial potentials and goals.
2. Conduct group and individual training regarding policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and opportunities and lead the unit to achieve the desired result.
3. Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino's Service Standards at all times.
4. Set schedules and specific job duties, while maintaining Team Members' hours for proper staffing as defined through established service standards.
5. Evaluate and oversee job performance of Team Members.
6. Coach and Counsel Team Members who are not meeting Standards. Understand the steps of discipline.
7. Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensure Team Members reporting to you do so as well
8. Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition in a Unsurpassed manner.
9. Have knowledge of where your MSDS booklet is located for your Department and understand its contents. Ensure Team Members are trained on materials in the book.
10. Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
11. Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
12. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards.
13. Work productively with direct supervisor and peers.
14. Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
15. Work with management team to control cost.
16. Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers, keeping them abreast of all room activities.
17. Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Director of Food.
18. Ensure that all Team Members are knowledgeable of and adhere to all Gun Lake Casino's Standards.
19. Hold daily huddles with Team Members to communicate pertinent information.
20. Provide support, materials, supplies, etc. to ensure Team Members have the proper tools to provide Unsurpassed Guest Service.
1. Minimum (3) years as a restaurant general manager or (5) years as an assistant general manager required. Previous full P&L responsibility preferred.
2. Five (5) years food and beverage service experience in a fast paced, specialty retail restaurant required. Casual Dining segment style preferred.
3. Comprehensive food, wine, spirits and beverage knowledge with some culinary background or experience preferred.
4. Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
5. Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
7. Certificate/License: Health Card. Alcohol Awareness Card.
8. Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit's appearance and operating standards.
9. Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability that will enhance and exemplify the Unsurpassed Service standards.
10. Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
1. Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently bend or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
3. Requires normal sense of smell, taste, and touch.
4. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs with or without assistance.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
This position is not limited to just those duties listed in this job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the property.