Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Amherst, MA
Position Description: The Program Assistant supports the busy Boston Provider Office with operational and administrative services for Road Scholar programs. This includes ongoing day-to-day administrative responsibilities and program support, as well as special projects as they occur. Also providing exceptional customer service to participants and fellow team members. This position requires a person who is organized, detail driven, able to juggle several different tasks and projects at once and a polished, professional communicator.
• Support program staff in the daily maintenance and operation of up to 50 different programs, ranging from 4 - 14 day itineraries
• Assist with program logistics and vendor reservations as needed.
• Gather information and facilitate communication about program details between all constituent groups: program sites, program staff and participants.
• Work closely with our Customer Service team and participants to find solutions and encourage enrollments
• Answer customer service questions or escalate questions to program coordinator or manager if needed
• Create and prepare onsite program materials for participants and group leaders
• Update, and maintain supplemental program information
• Review and submit program invoices for payment
• Reconcile group leader program expenses
• Contact program participants to secure missing documentation; monitor Participant Information Forms and input data into internal customer service system
• Daily monitoring of enrollments and space allotments at hotels
• Regular monitoring of program supplies to ensure program departures are fully stocked
• Assist with loading program dates and costs into systems, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all data
• Other projects and responsibilities as determined by the Associate Director
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience in a busy office environment required; one to two years experience in the travel industry or Educational Field
THIS IS A ONE YEAR TEMPORARY POSITIONCompany Description About us
With learning adventures across the U.S. and around the globe, there,s no doubt not-for-profit Road Scholar offers the greatest collection of educational travel adventures on earth. Think of us as a university of the world for adults. From Arizona to Antarctica, from Buenos Aires to Bangkok, from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Lights, each of our 5,500 educational travel adventures takes learning to a new dimension.