Forever Resorts is searching for a Marine Mechanic for our Black Canyon / Willow Beach property located in Willow Beach, AZ 86445.
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Boat Mechanic is responsible for performing routine service and maintenance, diagnosing, and repairing all motorboats, houseboats and personal watercraft within the Black Canyon / Willow Beach Marina rental fleet and keeping all watercraft in safe and optimal working condition.
- Perform mechanical repairs on all watercraft within the fleet as required, including outboard motors, propellers, etc. Understand and follow service manuals, manufacturers' service specifications and service bulletins to perform mechanical repairs.
- Perform preventative inspections and routine maintenance such as battery checks, service drive units, service controls, monitor operating conditions etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical failures aboard rental boats (both inboard and outboard motors) in the harbor and/or out on the lake.
- Perform emergency chase calls in response to customer requests and rafts for repairs on lake, complete chase call log and return sheet
- Maintain a clean work area, organize and clean tools as needed, after each use, keep parts and supply inventories organized.
- Handle and/or notify management of hazards or problems in a timely manner.
- Must own essential hand tools.
- Any other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Provide information to customers regarding resort, general area, and resort activities.
- Perform orientations to customers for all boats within rental fleet, as needed.
- Provide information to customers regarding vessels and vessel rental procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- OMC or Bombardier marine mechanic certification.
- Read, write, understand and speak English to communicate with customers and co-workers, read, interpret and follow service manuals, manufacturer's service specifications and service bulletins, inspect, diagnose and make mechanical repairs and perform preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe boat operation including Boater's Safety Card.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemical cleansers, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Knowledge of inboard, outboard marine engines, outboard motors, propellers, boat maintenance and repairs.
- Know and follow all company, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Program policies and procedures.
- Maintain and convey a thorough knowledge of all safety and environmental procedures and requirements.
- Fill out work orders accurately and thoroughly.
- Keep accurate records for annual refurbishment for each vessel.
- Fill out maintenance logs thoroughly and accurately to record all completed maintenance work; file and maintain logs as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all times and promote professionalism and a high standard of excellence.
- Math skills to make arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to operate and dock all vessels in the rental fleet in a safe manner.
- Ability to launch and retrieve vessels using vehicles with trailers.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to diagnose and make repairs quickly and reliably.
- Ability to see and read engine models, serial numbers and part numbers
- Perform work in a manner protective of human health and the environment and promptly report any deviations of environmental policy to supervisor.
- Be aware of and participate, where necessary, in the achievement of environmental objectives and implementation of the environmental management system.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- Able and willing to work on-call as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Climb stairs and walk on uneven, sometimes slippery surfaces.
- Balance/stabilize, stand/remain upright and walk on uneven and moving surfaces (marina docks and boats on water).
- Step into and onto boats from docks and back to docks safely and repetitively.
- Kneel, bend, stoop and squat repetitively throughout shift.
- Twist and turn repetitively.
- Swim 500 feet and tread water (with a life vest if needed) for at least 5 minutes.
- Reach forward, overhead and down frequently.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme cold, hot and stormy weather.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) and ability to adjust focus.
- Carry and use a VHF radio.
- Perform physical and manual labor.
- Use chemical cleaners, degreasers, oils and additives.
- Use electrical, mechanical and plumbing tools and equipment such as small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
- Work in various positions bending over, crawling under and standing over objects to complete repairs.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- High School courses in small engine repair, auto mechanics, machine shop, electrical, science and/or math preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of marine mechanic work experience.
- Previous customer service work experience with heavy public contact.
- Previous work experience operating boats and/or boat rental fleets.
- Previous work experience with and knowledge of small hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic tools and davit/boom.
Company Description Forever Resorts operates properties all over the United States and is dedicated to exceptional guest service and fulfilling employee experiences. We believe in having fun while we work and expose our associates to experiences with peoples from all over the globe.
THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
As a seasonal employer, Forever Resorts has it all. Your job, housing, meals, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
Because of our location, staff love to come back year after year. At Forever Resorts we like to say that our staff are our #1 guests. We believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business, and we invest in it accordingly. As a Forever Resorts employee expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done. Outside of work, we strive to provide a rich communal experience with lots of opportunities for connection and fun.
We want to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. In that spirit, we offer clean, modern housing with an onsite manager to make sure everything stays ship shape, plenty of delicious food, and 2 scheduled days off every week.
Employee discounts are offered in the Gift Shop and Dining Rooms. You can also visit nearby Forever Resorts Properties, like the Grand Canyon North Rim & The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, as guests for a small fee as the availability presents itself.
Located centrally to 7 National Parks as well as Lake Powell National Recreation area the possibilities are endless for outdoor recreation. Local festivals, rodeos, county fairs abound as the chances for seeing the west are all in your front yard.
Forever Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.