Human Resource-Safety Manager
This position oversees all areas of HR while partnering with the local operations teams. Responsibilities include local recruiting, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits and worker's compensation. This position acts as a conduit between base camp and local operations in order to drive company goals and objectives as well as communicate issues and opportunities from the field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Keen understanding of the overall business at the local level in order to structure HR priorities that drive business strategies.
- Provides leadership and support for Management team
- Ability to communicate guidelines, processes, procedures, plans and policy to all levels in the facility.
- Remains informed of changing statutes and regulatory impacts on policies and procedures within the state of operation as well as keeping up with federal changes that may impact the company or the associates.
- Manage local worker's compensation, maintain OSHA log, manage return-to-work process, and work with Risk Management and carrier to manage claims effectively.
- Ability to recommend and present training to improve operating efficiency and leadership capabilities. Ensures Compliance
- Champion the company culture. Driving the open door environment. Resolving associate issues.
- Ability to provide coaching and counseling to managers in opportunities to increase employee engagement, commitment and capability. .
- Administer all recognition programs, newsletters, company events.
- Drive administrative excellence. Understanding payroll system and producing key indicator reports. Conduct payroll previews and work with Base Camp payroll to provide accurate data. Responsible for local data entry, change of status and terminating employees. Understanding of electronic time keeping system as well as HRIS system. Maintain shadow files locally.
- Track record of establishing good alliances with all levels of management while retaining a rational independence.
- Ability to maintain strict confidence with all sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven record in forging strong relationships with the ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively.
- At all times behave honestly and ethically in all matters.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
- Execute all HR related policies, practices and direction from the Company
- Assists with development and implementation of HR programs to source, recruit, hire, develop and train Management associates to fill vacancies and to provide candidates for the future growth of the Company.
- Assists Management to staff the facility; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure direct reports are trained in an effective manner with an attitude of constant development.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 3-6 years HR generalist experience to include 3-5 years managerial level experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Kronos timekeeping system and HRIS systems. Badge system utilization.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as "one of America's Best Employers."