In a competitive market where great entertainment and guest satisfaction can mean everything, the need for exceptional people is where it begins.
We are looking for a dynamic Risk Manager to carry on our 4 Diamond Guest Service Standards. If you are looking for a new opportunity, come join our Team! The Chumash Casino Resort is a premier employer in Santa Barbara County located in the beautiful wine country of Santa Ynez, California.
The Risk Manager manages all facets of the risk management function, including insurance, claims management, risk control, and safety to ensure financial protection of assets and reduce and control risks.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensures timely placement of renewal and/or new insurance products.
- Evaluates and assesses the type of financial insurance product to be purchased and compiles required underwriting information and applications.
- Analyzes financial risks of the various coverage.
- Performs contract reviews and analyzes financial risks and coverage.
- Focuses on risk control and safety measures to reduce frequency and potential severity type incident costs.
- Ensures Team Member and guest actions are performed in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements such as OSHA and FDA food codes, state/tribal compact requirements, workers' compensation, and employment law issues by the development and implementation of safety policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and roll out of safety programs and related training.
- Performs workplace hazard inspections to reduce potential and present risk exposures.
- Responsible for claims management from reporting to final closure of all claims.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with claims management practices.
- Directs the claims management program to ensure the proper and efficient handling of claims in accordance with standard and internal claims handling best practices.
- Establishes procedures for delivery of claim information (i.e. reports, investigation, and analysis).
- Responsible for mitigating loss costs on all claims filed.
- Ensures accurate and timely administration of claims in collaboration with third-party claims administrator for liability, worker's compensation, and property claims.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with claims adjusters, outside legal counsel, and other claims-related parties.
- Assesses all decisions made by third-party claim administrators to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Along with Safety Manager, oversees the Modified/Return-to-Work program to ensure the availability and safe performance of modified work for all injured Team Members with work restrictions.
- Collaborates with Risk Management Team to provide support in all areas of claims administration and safety as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Seven years of experience in risk management, insurance, occupational safety, workers' compensation, human resources, or a combination of the above.
- Additional Requirements
- Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration.
- Proficient in computers, including Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience and tact.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and outside agencies.
- Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.Native American hiring preference applies.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue to develop at all of our properties including Chumash Casino Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station, Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246.
We are looking for energetic applicants who are service-oriented and ready to begin a career. Join the Chumash Enterprise:
Where Winners Work!