Director of Sales, Aviation
Overall Purpose Of The Job:
The Director of Sales will lead a team of Sales Managers and Account Managers responsible for selling the full MedAire portfolio to clients. Account coverage will include all current and potential customers in the Americas, by various lines of business. The position in responsible for attainment of assigned sales goals through the staffing, leading, retaining, and developing of the sales force. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Sales will have direct accountability for planned and forecasted orders, revenue and margin on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to support achievement of plans and commitments.
• Manage staffing, performance, financial results, goal alignment, salaries, employee development and reward and recognition processes to ensure sales resources are available to achieve the planned results within planned costs.
• Assist Chief Operating Officer with the development of systems, policies, procedures to effectively achieve objectives.
• Meet or exceed all assigned revenue expectations.
• Define, implement, and monitor sales team performance against department metrics; institute corrective actions as necessary to achieve sales goals.
• Identify, inspect and report key process and results metrics to ensure effective implementation of sales processes and results metrics, including sales tools, funnel activity and budget reviews.
• Be proficient in utilizing the features and functions of sales automation system tools.
• Identify and recommend opportunities for market segment growth.
• Responsible for ensuring that quality and customer satisfaction metrics are achieved.
• Develop and maintain constructive interface with industry agencies and strategic partners.
• Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with HIPAA and/or any other pertinent confidentiality regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Good knowledge of Commercial and Business Aviation, and/or Health, and/or Travel Assistance market.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive change.
• Understanding of process improvement with the ability to lead implementation of change.
• Adaptable to constant change.
• Ability to read and write effectively.
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
• Coaching and developing a sales team.
• Problem solver.
• Customer oriented.
• Results oriented.
• Persuading and Influencing.
• Planning and Organizing.
• Leadership and Commitment to excel.
• Resilient, resourceful, optimistic, and energetic.
• Strong sense of accountability and ability to work under pressure.
Required Work Experience:
• At least 5+ years experience in direct B2B solution/consultative selling experience - Aviation industry a plus.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in direct management of sales professionals.
• Proven experience managing a remote sales force.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to the ability to present to groups and to interpret and summarize complex written materials.
• Familiarity with setting sales quotas and territory account plans and managing performance to plans.
• Demonstrated effective analytical, interpersonal, decision making and communication skills, including but not limited to group presentations, proposal development and report preparation.
• Demonstrated competency with basic mathematic calculations, including the calculation of percentages, discounts, and commissions.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
• English proficiency.
Travel / Rotation Requirements:
• Both domestic and international travel may be required.