Wheel Chair Agent
This is a hourly + tips position
Meet inbound and outbound flights to provide services with wheelchairs, aisle chairs and to passengers needing special assistance
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous airport and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Must have a reliable telephone and transportation.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Treat all information as confidential.
2. Posses the tact to deal with all levels of situations, client representatives, employees and the public.
3. Must be able to read, understand and carry out instructions in English.
4. Ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
5. Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely verbally and in written form.
6. Must be able to lift, stoop, squat, push, stand and/or bend throughout the shift.
7. Must be able to lift, carry and/or hold up to 75 lbs.
8. Must pass pre-employment and random drug test.
9. Must complete a criminal background check.
10. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security sensitive identification badge.
11. Must be a citizen of the US or posses the necessary authorization from the immigration and naturalization Service (INS).
1. Provide special assistance to passengers as requested.
2. Provide general information and directions to passengers.
3. Meet inbound arrivals as requested to provide special services (courtesy chairs, walk assistance through the terminal).
4. Check equipment thoroughly before use (wheels, locks, seats, back & footrests).
5. Lock wheels when assisting passengers in/out of courtesy chair.
6. Always use both hands when pushing courtesy chairs.
7. Always back chairs down inclines.
8. ALWAYS request assistance from another employee when transferring passenger from one chair to another (if passenger cannot transfer him/herself).
9. NEVER take a courtesy chair up/down a stairway or escalator.
10. Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
11. Be neat and careful when handling other people's property, especially mobility aids and luggage.
12. Must be familiar with all Government/Client/Airport/Company regulations.
13. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report maintenance needs.
14. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from airlines, staff and public in a courteous manner.
15. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
16. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
17. Must be attired in proper uniform or business attire as directed by company officials and identification must always be visible.
18. Identification badges must always be visible.
19. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
20. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
21. Perform other duties as requested.
Company Description G2 Secure Staff is an industry leader and premier provider of support services to the airline industry in over 56 US airports today! Join us and work in the exciting and fast paced aviation industry!