Group Sales Manager: Transient
Because of our continued growth and development opportunities, the Doubletree by Hilton in Westlake, Ohio is seeking an experienced, motivated, and dedicated sales professional. Our hotel is a busy one with great location and ranking in the area. We have a high energy, motivated, guest service oriented, and goal driven sales and operations team. We are seeking the right individual to round out our award winning sales team.
The position requires a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills (both oral and written), strong leadership capabilities, self-motivation, independent work ethic, and attention to detail. To be successful in this key management role you must possess a desire to be the BEST, exhibiting excellent organizational and time management skills. Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in hotel rooms and/or catering sales, or related industry.
Plan, solicit, book, and coordinate group and key account room sales to meet and exceed revenue goals.
Position is responsible for negotiating room rates, dates, and space for large groups/accounts.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with your company.
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and the hotel guests.
Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.