Integrated Media Planner
The Position: Media Planner
MPG is seeking a Media Planner to join our team, working on one of our key accounts. Candidates must have experience researching, planning, and executing integrated media plans on a local basis. The Media Planner should be able to juggle multiple plans and projects --- in multiple markets --- and still meet all deadlines in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for a team-player who has the desire to learn and advance their media career by gaining more responsibility and greater client contact in a smaller, more entrepreneurial agency. This is for a position located in our Boca Raton, FL office.
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing media planning tools, industry research and clients' own research and historical media activity to develop effective media plans
- Maintaining high level knowledge of assigned local media markets and serving as "market expert" within the agency
- Assisting in the development and presentation of annual media plan(s) to Senior Agency leadership and clients
- Researching, developing and implementation of local media campaigns that will include local broadcast TV, radio, newspaper and magazine (offline & online) and outdoor advertising,
- Working with Digital Team to integrate interactive objectives and strategies into overall client media plan and executing client's online media plans.
- Negotiate the print/OOH rates and added value; placing outdoor and print media buys
- Proactively identifying and/or creating value-added packages to improve client media plans and maximize impact.
- Evaluating new media opportunities and writing POV's
- Providing the Media Buyers with buying specifications
- Issue insertion orders for all print/OOH/internet planned for each market
- Assisting in on-going communication with clients
- Training assigned Assistant Media Buyer/Planners and Media Assistants to support their professional development
Relationships & Service:
- Serving as a key client contact, representing Agency with Clients and media community; periodic travel to client media markets to meet with local media reps, as needed.
- Establishing and fostering productive relationships with clients, teammates and agency partners
- Keeping Media Supervisor and Agency management informed on progress and status
- Presenting media plans to Media Supervisor/Agency management and supporting plans with appropriate back-up, research
- Presenting media plans to Client
- Developing Planner & Assistant Buyer/Planner team presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university
- 2-5 years of media planning experience in an agency or client in-house media department
- Strong experience planning and buying Print, Outdoor, and Digital; experience buying local TV and Radio is a plus.
- Familiarity with media research and media planning software such as PRIME Lingo and Strata, SmartPlus or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to comfortably communicate with clients and vendors
- Strong numerical aptitude and accuracy
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- "Self-starter", with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads
- Ability to "think outside-the-box" and demonstrate creative problem solving
- Motivated to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
Founded in 1987, MPG was established to meet the needs of companies seeking the superior media planning and buying services traditionally available to only the largest of advertising clients. Since its founding, MPG has placed hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising --- on a local, regional and national basis. Our media buying expertise covers both traditional media (print, television, radio, away-from-home), as well as interactive media (search marketing, mobile, email, social media, etc.). MPG clients, both past and present, span a wide range of industries --- from retail to casino gaming and from financial services to durable medical equipment. In our thirtieth year of operations, our focus at MPG remains on helping our clients identify more effective and efficient ways to deliver their advertising message to their target customers and thereby improve the return on their advertising investment.
Marketing Performance Group offers excellent company benefits, including competitive salary, major medical, 401-K and a profit-sharing plan.