Account Executive / Sales Representative: Student Group Tour & Travel
WHO YOU ARE: You are a highly motivated self-starter with experience in sales, client relations management and educational student tour production and management. You have a strong work ethic are driven, organized, confident and charismatic - detail oriented -able to juggle responsibilities, manage time and complete tasks. You have great communication skills, including a wonderful phone personality and enjoy interacting with others via the phone, electronically and/or in person. You are service oriented and thrive on developing customer relationships. You are able to recognize opportunities and you have the initiative to act upon these opportunities. You are creative in your thinking and tenacious in your actions.
The Student Group Tour & Travel Specialist Account Executive / Sales Representative position is responsible for initiating, developing and growing relationships with high school performing arts directors while promoting and selling EPT's events, tours and products. He/she must achieve or exceed sales goals by prospecting new business while leveraging incentives and promotions. Each executive must maintain competitive sales numbers and will be responsible for finding prospective clients both within our existing database and through additional activities.
- Solicits new clients and accounts to meet and exceed goals by making cold calls, direct sales calls and following up and converting potential sales leads. Maintains relationships with existing clients and accounts through the competition of the sale and efficiently responds to all inquires made by potential customers via phone or email
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with clients and accounts in order to introduce and promote a destination or tour in accordance with company goals, marketing initiatives and sales expectations. Calls on prospects to solicit business to create a strong pipeline of future business leads
- Responsible for spending sufficient call time to ensure a robust sales funnel of leads and prospects to achieve or exceed established sales goals. Depending on experience level, maintains a communicated and expected number of sales calls per day, and expected sign ups/Pax per sales season. Through self motivation and determination ensures that established sales goals are met or exceeded
- Utilizes department technology to consistently maintain a detailed, organized and thorough database of a predetermined number of teachers, including cold, warm and active leads
- Manages and takes responsibility for the entire sales process. Works with high school performing arts directors to establish program needs and wants, set enrollment deadlines for students, and helps develop marketing strategies for the teachers to utilize while enrolling students. Once the sale is complete, the Account Executive / Sales Representative will work closely with the operations department for the remainder of the planning process to see the tour thru, as well as post tour follow up marketing.
- Actively seeks continuous skill development and improvement to build performance. Educates self on all EPT products. Comprehends the student travel industry with interest to learn more regarding our competition as it compares to EPT's business models
- Represents company at trade association conferences, conventions, meetings and other related business events to promote all products and services. Coordinates with department Manager with the initiation of new marketing ideas and product development ideas
- As needed, travels throughout the country in order to close sales, leveraging existing Group Leaders as appropriate
- A bachelor degree preferred
- 1-3 years progressive sales experience focusing on new business acquisition, preferably in the student travel industry
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to work with all levels of employees and customers in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn new software products a must
- Ability to multi-task projects and responsibilities and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and internally
- Strong Presentation Skills on the phone and in front of prospects
- A "whatever it takes to get the job done" mentality and a "team player attitude.
Base Salary commensurate with experience
Incentive / Bonus Package
Six Figure Earning Potential
Medical Benefits Negotiable
Company Description Educational Performance Tours is a New York City based group tour operator specializing in educational student travel relating to the performing arts - High School Music Departments, Dance and Theatre Departments, as well as Commercial Dance Studios. For almost 20 years we have produced unique and exciting student tours and events inclusive of educational performing arts workshops and master classes, as well as performance opportunities in many of North America's major performing arts cities and destinations. We have an extensive client database and business infrastructure at your disposal.