Ability Center is a southern California-based, rapidly-expanding leader in the mobility industry. Our business is selling conversion vans to the public, as well as providing service after the sale and installing add-ons to fit our clients' mobility needs. We have 13 stores in four states and have a current need for a Human Resources/Admin Assistant in our corporate office in San Diego.
The Human Resources/Admin Assistant is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Manager in HR-related duties; backing up the receptionist during rest periods and meal breaks; booking travel arrangements for Company executives; coordinating/ordering office supplies for 13 locations; and miscellaneous filing.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Back-up responsibilities for answering multiple-line telephone system in accordance with Company script and protocol.
- Backing up receptionist at front desk during rest periods and meal breaks.
- Greeting visiting clients in a friendly manner and with a helpful demeanor.
- Completing verifications of employment and performing reference checks.
- Ordering pre-employment assessment tests.
- Tracking training and recording/filing training certifications.
- Creating files and filing HR documents/records.
- Supporting HR in benefits, ergonomics, safety, compliance, workers' compensation and other HR-related functions.
- Booking domestic airline, hotel, car rental, and shuttle reservations for executive and employee travel.
- Assembling office supply orders from 13 stores in four states; researching various office-supply outlets, including Staples, Amazon, and local office-supply outlets, for best prices; placing orders and coordinating shipments to individual stores.
- Miscellaneous filing as needed for Accounting department.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in office environment and protocols, with experience in Human Resources in a support position that includes familiarity with California labor law compliance, training tracking and recruitment.
This position requires an ability to communicate verbally and in writing with employees at all levels of the organization, with applicants and other external contacts in a professional and courteous manner. The ideal candidate will have a beginner - intermediate level of proficiency in Excel with the ability to create professional spreadsheets; and efficiency and ability to create documents/correspondence in Word; and be proficient in email communication. Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
The position will pay in the range of $16-18 per hour, commensurate with experience. Company benefits include medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance and long-term disability; 401(k) plan with company match and profit-sharing potential; paid vacation; paid sick leave; and paid bereavement leave.
Submit your resume to apply for the position.
Ability Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Company Description Our company is a rapidly expanding leader at the forefront of the conversion van industry dedicated to helping the disabled elevate their quality of life through increased mobility.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays. We also reward achieved employee goals and positive results through incentive plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer.