This position is located in Searchlight, NV 89046.
Cottonwood Cove Marina is searching for a Maintenance Manager.
Responsible for overseeing all maintenance and repair needs for the property buildings and grounds while ensuring compliance with all safety and environmental policies and regulations, in order to provide a safe environment for all employees and guests.
- Hire, train, schedule, directly supervise, discipline and delegate work to maintenance staff.
- Interpret and follow service manuals, engineering plans, blueprints, instructional diagrams, manufacturers' service specifications and service bulletins to perform repairs.
- Check that the proper parts and tools are available at the start of a job and that jobs are completed properly and promptly.
- Identify areas on land and water in need of maintenance or repairs and report to GM or complete repairs in a timely manner.
- Perform and record inventory in the computer for items purchased for the maintenance department and company including tools.
- Fill out purchase orders and order parts, supplies, tools and equipment as necessary following company and property guidelines for purchasing and procurement (including proper forms, approvals, record-keeping, etc.).
- Receive and respond to emergency calls during and after business hours including inclement weather conditions and complete necessary emergency repairs.
- Inspect property for NPS, Safety, Environmental, Fire, etc., violations and report and/or correct violations to keep the property prepared for favorable NPS, Safety, Environmental, Fire, etc. inspections.
- Comply with and enforce staff and contractor compliance to NPS, Safety, Environmental, Fire, etc. policies and procedures and incorporate into department operating procedures.
- Dig trenches as needed to repair water lines, etc.
- Identify maintenance staff training needs and train maintenance staff.
- Communicate safety and environmental issues, concerns and/or changes to the GM during department operational reviews or meetings.
- Perform honest and accurate employee performance reviews for maintenance staff.
- Obtain the best pricing and quality for all purchases.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Overtime as required during season, June thru November
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
?? On call for collaboration with maintenance staff to provide instruction.
?? Drive to town to pick up supplies as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and ability to operate heavy equipment, including light tractors, forklifts, backhoe and to drive company vehicles.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Boater's Safety Card and good boating skills preferred in order to drive and dock boats if necessary.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft, Windows, Excel, & Word.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to interpret engineering plans, designs and instructional diagrams and to write technical instructions.
- Ability to interpret engineering plans, and design and instructional diagrams.
- Ability to translate practical matter into technical instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC.
- Use welding equipment to weld.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and diagnose needed repairs.
- Understand basic budget relationships (i.e. labor expense, cost breakdowns, purchasing).
- Knowledge and ability to learn and follow all company and property safety and environmental policies/procedures and rules/regulations (i.e. ISO, EMS, and HAZ. Com).
- Ability to work on-call as needed.
- Recordkeeping skills (reading, writing and accurate reporting) to prepare and maintain records, reports, purchase orders and work orders.
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical systems, carpentry, construction, kitchen and restraint equipment, code compliance, preventative maintenance programs, procedures and documentation.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently on a daily basis.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions/extremes.
- Reach forward and overhead.
- Stand/remain upright, walk on concrete and unpaved surfaces for entire shift.
- Bend, squat, kneel, stoop and/or squat repetitively.
- Perform physical and manual labor.
- Reach down, forward and overhead.
- Twist and turn repetitively.
- Work in various positions bending over, crawling under objects to complete repairs.
- Balance/stabilize, stand/remain upright and walk on uneven and moving surfaces.
- Use electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC repair tools and equipment.
- Use a ladder and climb stairs.
- Lift and use a shovel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Degree in plumbing, electrical and/or carpentry preferred.
- 5 years work experience including facilities maintenance and/or in the Construction Industry.
- 3 years work experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Previous work experience operating heavy equipment including light tractors, forklifts, backhoe, and driving company vehicles.
- Boating experience preferred.
- Experience enforcing safety and environment rules and regulations.
THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
As a seasonal employer, Forever Resorts has it all. Your job, housing, meals, recreation, and administrative support are all right here. Your living expenses are minimal and your opportunities for adventure are endless.
Because of our location, staff love to come back year after year. At Forever Resorts we like to say that our staff are our #1 guests. We believe that staff satisfaction is the most important factor in our overall success as a business, and we invest in it accordingly. As a Forever Resorts employee expect to find managers that care about your success and aren't shy about getting down to work right alongside you to get the job done. Outside of work, we strive to provide a rich communal experience with lots of opportunities for connection and fun.
We want to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable existence for our staff so that they can do their best work and maximize their opportunities to explore. In that spirit, we offer clean, modern housing with an onsite manager to make sure everything stays ship shape, plenty of delicious food, and 2 scheduled days off every week.
Employee discounts are offered in the Gift Shop and Dining Rooms. You can also visit nearby Forever Resorts Properties, like the Grand Canyon North Rim & The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, as guests for a small fee as the availability presents itself.
Located centrally to 7 National Parks as well as Lake Powell National Recreation area the possibilities are endless for outdoor recreation. Local festivals, rodeos, county fairs abound as the chances for seeing the west are all in your front yard.
Forever Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Please advise us if any accommodations are required to assist you in the application process.