Cargo Warehouse Agent
The Council for Airport Opportunity is partnering with a prestigious cargo company at Newark Liberty International Airport to fill cargo positions ASAP. We are hosting a pre-screening event Monday, August 14th 2017. Please join us to learn more about this exciting career opportunity.
Please join us for the next Recruitment Event:
Date: Monday, August 14th, 2017
Check-in Time: 9:15 AM-9:30 AM or 12:45 PM-1:00 PM
Location: Council for Airport Opportunity
17 Academy Street, 5th Floor, Newark, NJ
Please come professionally dressed with photo I.D, SS card, all working papers and a recent copy of your resume
Organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo.
- Load/unload air cargo from/to trucks
- Prepare and palatalize cargo as needed
- Make sure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible working hours
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Must submit to drug and background screening
Company Description Council for Airport Opportunity is a service funded by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and their airline partners that prepares and connects qualified candidates to airline/airport employment at John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia, and Newark airports. We combine our industry expertise with our deep ties to the community to develop specialized talent acquisition strategies to increase the likelihood of successful employment for our participants. Since 1972 Council for Airport Opportunity has supported thousands of job-seekers to secure employment at the local airports.