Manager, Group Travel
Manages the staff, operations, sales and promotions of the group travel department. Responsible for the overall performance, quality, profitability and sales growth of AAA’s #1 preferred product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
includeS the following; Other job-related duties may be assigned
1. Attendance is an essential function of the job.
2. Leads team.
- Manages all department staff and operations including a working knowledge of department software and related software updates, procedures, documentation, customer briefings and staff training.
- Formulates policies and procedures affecting the department in collaboration with Travel Admin.
- Stays informed with current industry knowledge as changes occur to products and destinations.
3. Ensures positive customer experience with company.
- Coordinates with Travel Admin and Marketing on all marketing and promotional efforts including brochure production, advertising, promotional events and supplier marketing plans.
- Manages solicitations and follow up of closed group proposals.
- Counsels with Travel Admin to select/schedule annual calendar of trips and hosts. Coordinates an escort training program for eligible staff. Escorts personally as deemed necessary.
- Makes regular sales calls on existing and potential accounts. Represents AAA at promotional events. Makes public and company presentations as needed. Available to travel as needed to out-of-town meetings.
4. Achieves all business goals
- Maintains detailed records of current reservations plus a projection of sales and income.
- Delivers effective communications with branch offices including a regular schedule of office visits to train staff and promote the sales of Discoveries trips. Schedules staff to shadow the group department in accordance with the travel career development curriculum.
- Works with Travel Admin to formulate an annual business plan including a budget with sales goals for the group travel department.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A working knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Axis; and supplier products and policies. The position requires expertise in the management of staff and customer service, financial reports, writing, editing and proofing of documents. Works well under pressure, adaptive to crisis management. Demonstrates creative initiative toward the production of products that appeal to the current marketplace.
The group department Manager has authority over the group travel staff ensuring that functions such as hiring, scheduling, payroll, setting job expectations, coaching and mentoring, training, performance appraisals and quality assurance are all successfully completed in accordance with AAA Central Penn policies and procedures and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Degree in travel and tourism or five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advance computer experience required with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Previous group travel sales and product experience preferred. CTC certificate preferred.
Apply for Manager, Group Travel
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly